Lasers on the Job Site – A Contractor’s Best Friend
When you’re on the job site, you probably have certain ways that things are always done. Certain materials get stacked in a certain order, some tasks get completed before others, and sometimes measurements and levels are handled a certain way; the “old way.” There is definitely something to be said for the old school way of measuring, leveling, and planning on the job site. However, by not taking advantage of what laser measuring and leveling tools can do, you might be missing a chance to get the job done more quickly and accurately.
The Advantage of Lasers
When you’re on the job site, work needs to be smooth and efficient, and results need to be repeatable. By using laser measurement and level systems, you can rest assured that your measurements will be just that! Without lasers, we’re stuck with plumbs, chalk lines, and a standard level, and while these work, they are definitely not as efficient and subject to much more human error than a laser tool would be.
“What are some good lasers that I might want?” You ask. DeWalt has a fantastic line of laser systems that get the job done right the FIRST time. Take a look!
DeWalt 165′ Laser Distance Measurer
This great little piece of hardware is a no-nonsense measuring system that delivers exactly what you need on the spot. It’s easy to hold, easy to use, and gets the job done quickly and accurately. What more could you ask for?
- Automatic area and volume calculations
- Indirect height measurement uses Pythagoras to measure distances
- Memory unit stores last 5 measurements
- 2-line backlit display helps improve screen visibility
DeWalt 3-Beam Laser Pointer
Now we’re moving up in the world of lasers. This baby comes with not 1, but 3 lasers on a self-leveling plumb laser system. You can mount it on a tripod or attach it to a wall via its magnetic back. With 1/4″ accuracy at distances up to 100′, you can’t go wrong when using this incredible level!
- Self-leveling point laser is accurate to 1/4″ @ 100′.
- Single lever power switch locks pendulum in the off position
- Built-in magnetic pivoting bracket mounts easily on metal surfaces
- Integrated track clearance enables users for fast and accurate bottom and top track installation
DeWalt Self-Leveling 3-Beam Line Laser
This self-leveling line laser is the perfect tool to aid in 90-degree layouts. With a brighter diode to help with all-condition visibility and a built-in magnetic pivot, you’ll never have to worry about this laser failing you on the job! With its incredible 1/8″ accuracy at ranges of 30′, there will be no more second guessing your measurements. This is the one laser you’ll never be able to do without again.
- 3-beam Line Laser to aid in 90-Degree layout
- 2x brighter diode to increase visibility in bright job site conditions
- Built-in magnetic pivot bracket mounts easily on metal surfaces
- Accurate to +/- 1/8″ at 30′ for level applications
Are all of these lasers available at your local Koopman Lumber? Of course they are! If you have any questions about lasers or the DeWalt line, our amazing and knowledgeable staff are here to help you learn more. Feel free to stop by, call, or even leave a comment below to get more info on why YOU need to have one of these amazing lasers on your job site!